The house of FENDI was established by Adele and Edoardo Fendi in Rome in 1925 with the opening of the first FENDI boutique – a handBags shop and fur workshop. Soon winning international acclaim, FENDI emerged as a brand renowned for its elegance, craftsmanship, innovation and style. In 1965, the collaboration with Karl Lagerfeld begins and continues today that marked the longest relationship in the fashion world between a designer and a fashion house. In 1992 Silvia Venturini Fendi is appointed FENDI’s accessories creative director. In 2000 the LVMH Group acquires FENDI becoming in 2001 its majority shareholder. Today FENDI is synonymous with tradition, experimentation and creativity.